Friday, March 18, 2011

American Heritage....

Today, Faipule and I had the pleasure of attending yet another "Connect Group Ministry" or "CGM" as you will see them called more frequently in this blog. This group is a bit unique in that it is a group that meets in the afternoons. Every Thursday at 2:00 people will be gathering for approximately 16 weeks to watch portions of the video series by David Barton, called "American Heritage".

I have watched several chunks of this series now, and have been educated far beyond what I ever imagined! I found myself engrossed, and completely in awe of how God moved and shaped the beginning foundations of our great country. Many clips of this series are available for viewing on youtube.com, but I strongly believe that the content of this series is well worth the cost of purchasing the series in it's entirety, and even some of the other video series that David Barton has put together.

Honestly, I cannot give a good enough description of the vast amounts of information! If only our nation could grasp again what God originally planned when He put men and women in place that founded our nation on Biblical principals, and Godly perspectives. Oh for our nation to return, to rise up and proclaim - even re-claim the Godly heritage that we began with!!!!

We thoroughly enjoyed watching the video portion, and then were blessed to move into a time of prayer for our nation, for our nations leaders, for the seats of government, and for many other things. We lifted up the nation of Japan, and the things that were on our hearts. It was a wonderful time in the presence of the Lord and we were blessed. Unfortunately, due to my work schedule, I cannot attend this CGM on a regular basis. I truly wish that I could! Perhaps Faipule and I will invest in the series ourselves. Or, perhaps someday we can convince Ms. Julie - who leads this group, to do another round of the series on an evening during the week.

I would encourage anyone reading this blog to consider investigating more about the foundations of our nation. You may be surprised what you find.

Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment